- Combination electrode for pH measurement
(Measurement electrode + reference electrode = in the same housing)
- Protected in PVC body -> more robust, limits electrode breakage
- Universal glass (type H) allowing measurements up to pH 12
The glass is the element sensitive to oxonium ions (H3O+(aq)) when the electrode is immersed in an aqueous solution, because the potentials are different on either side of the glass membrane due to the different ion exchanges between the membrane and the solution.
- Liquid electrolyte: KCl 1 mol/L
Advantage of a liquid electrolyte:
-> Possibility of topping up or emptying the electrolyte in the event of contamination -> extension of the electrode's life span
Advantages of KCl 1 mol/L:
-> Less crystallization if the liquid evaporates on the membrane
-> Reduced risk of clogging the junction
=> Extension of the electrode's life span
- Spherical termination of the electrode for a broad contact area
The glass membrane of a pH electrode may have various shapes and properties depending on the application for which the electrode is intended. The selection criteria are: the consistency of the sample, its volume, its temperature, its ion concentration and the required measurement range.
- Various types of connections available to adapt the electrodes to your instruments.
For further technical details, please read the sales brochure on the electrodes and/or contact us.