With its site-proof casing, the C.A 6550 insulation tester is used to
check equipment insulation during manufacturing, on-site installation
work, periodic inspections and recommissioning of installations.
is ideal for electricity companies, manufacturers, installers,
maintenance firms, industry, R&D centres and infrastructure.
adapted for checking insulation on rotating machinery with a 12 kV
power supply or higher, the C.A 6550 complies with the IEEE43 standard
which recommends insulation testing at 5-10 kV.
Functions and specifications
- Wide measurement range from 10 kΩ to 25 TΩ
- Fixed or programmable test voltage from 40V to 10 kV
- 5mA max. charging current
- Large backlit LCD screen with digital display, bargraph and R(t)+u(t), i(t) and i(u) graphs
- Automatic ratio calculation: DAR / PI / DD / DR (ppm/V)
- Multiple test modes: voltage ramp and step with "burning", "early break" and "I-limit" modes
- Filters to optimize measurement stability
- Calculation of R at a reference temperature
- 80,000-measurement storage capacity and real-time clock
- Optically-isolated USB communication for transfer onto PC and report generation with DataView® software
- Power supply NiMH rechargeable battery with external charger
- Compliant with IEC 61557 -1 -2
- Electrical safety: IEC 61010 1000V CAT IV
- Dimensions: 406 x 330 x 174 mm / 6 kg